Alpinart Exhibition Centre
Alpinart exhibition centre was opened in July 2010. It is located in the Miners’ Village (Villaggio Minatori), in Cogne. Its three halls house exhibitions dedicated to alpine culture.
"The Mines of Cogne – a temporary exhibition to keep memory alive" ("La miniera di Cogne – esposizione temporanea per tenere vivo il ricordo“)
From the 30th July 2010 the exhibition centre houses “The Mines of Cogne – a temporary exhibition to keep memory alive” created by the Department of the Environment and Territory, the Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the Municipality of Cogne, Fondation Grand Paradis and the Museum Association of Cogne.
The exhibition shows the history, the geology, the mining complex and the production of the magnetite mine which has characterised the history of Cogne. As well as the miners’ tools and work-wear, the exhibition shows photographs and the film “Le Miniere”, directed by Marco Elter in 1938.
All about the mine
Timetable and fares
Photo gallery of Alpinart exhibition centre
Archive of previous exhibitions
2009 - Throughout the summer of 2009 two exhibitions took place: “Stambecco d’oro: la Natura nell’Arte”, with sculptures, paintings and photographs about nature; and “Uomini di ferro”, an exhibition about work in the mine, with pictures by Aosta Valley artist Ezio Bordet.
Photo gallery of the exhibition "Uomini di ferro"
Photo gallery of "Stambecco d'oro: la Natura nell'Arte"
2008 - On occasion of the opening of Alpinart in 2008, the centre housed “ABITI – tales of clothing from the Aosta Valley tradition” (“HABITS – Récits d’habits véçus de la tradition valdotaine”). The show was organized in cooperation of the Regional Department of Education and Culture with BREL (Regional department for ethnography and linguistics).
Details about the exhibition
Photo gallery of “Abiti – Habits”